New Job Opportunity at Boatbreakers
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity and have the skills to work at the highest level within a small dynamic team to spearhead and influence the continued exceptional growth of Boatbreakers?
We operate an informal and fun work environment where creative approaches and solutions abound, but this in turn requires you to take personal responsibility, be determined, self-motivated and committed with a strong work ethic.
You need to be comfortable with working in a small team where we all make the tea and on occasions be willing to turn your hand to whatever task is required and if necessary putting the business’s need before your own.
This is a ‘people’ business and so your ability to communicate effectively in both written form and vocally, and have the ability to quickly build trusting relationships with our clients and prospects through your personality and absolute honesty is paramount. You must want to be part of a small dedicated and supportive team with the benefits that brings, as well as the extra responsibilities that this carries. You need to have the attitude that ‘nothing is too much trouble’ linked with the ability to work in a logical, organised manner.
Your primary role will be stripping boats down that come into our Boatbreakers yard in Portsmouth, listing the parts on our eBay shop, answering any questions potential buyers might have about items, then packaging and shipping the sold items. We have a storage unit on site that houses the parts we have and you will be responsible for keeping this unit in order.
You will also work closely with the rest of our team on a day to day basis in our office. As well as listing the items on eBay you will also be involved in the other duties in our yard, this may include helping to collect and move boats by water and road.
Prerequisite Skills or requirements:
- Exceptional communication skills reflecting this ‘people’ business
- Motivated, committed with a strong team work ethic
- Willingness to learn
- Good punctuality and organisational skills
- Holding a Full UK driving license and having own transport.
- IT literate with knowledge of word, excel and basic knowledge of internet use.
- Owning a phone with a camera and eBay app would be beneficial. Work laptop will be provided.
- A passion for sailing and knowledge of boats would be beneficial but not required as training will be given if you don’t have boating experience.
20 hours a week Part Time contract with a competitive salary and chance to earn a full-time place in the team. Hours: 9:30 to 13:30 Mon-Fri. Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.